Cumberland County Storm Damage
Neighbors helping neighbors. That is just the way we do things here. We are lucky and blessed to live in Cumberland County. Never is that more evident than during a crisis. A severe storm with strong winds (we are waiting to see if it was a tornado) passed through northern Cumberland County in the Fairfield Glade area this morning and our community responded.
Local agencies that worked the scene included the Fairfield Glade Police Department, Fairfield Glade Fire Department, Fairfield Glade Roads & Bridges, Crossville/Cumberland County EMA, Cumberland County Fire Department, Cumberland County Rescue Squad, Cumberland County Road Department, Crossville Fire Department, the Sheriff, Crossville City Public Works Department, and our Dispatch team. As always, our EMS team was ready to transport patients, but thankfully they were not needed. Crews from the Monterey Lions Club Disaster Response Team and the Middle Tennessee Disaster Relief Teams even helped in the cleanup! My apologies if I missed anyone – it was truly a mass effort.
A command center was set up at the Fairfield Glade Police Department to coordinate the efforts of everyone involved. You would be proud to see the way our team responds and the coordinated efforts they are able to make in these types of situations. If you could be behind the scenes, I guarantee you would be proud. I know I am always impressed.
I want to thank EMA Director Travis Cole for giving Fairfield Glade President Ken Flierl and I a tour to assess the damage.
Cumberland County Population Vaccinated
- Number of vaccines reported (including first and second doses): 37,691
- County Population with at least one dose of any manufacturer: 21,020
- County Population Fully Vaccinated: 17,819
State Vaccination Dashboard:
COVID-19 Update (difference from previous day)
The following are the numbers from the Tennessee Department of Health (TDH) for Cumberland County as of the date of this newsletter. The change from the prior day, not my prior newsletter, is in parenthesis.
91 active cases (-17)
6,485 inactive/recovered (+17)
128 deaths officially reported (+0)
6,704 positive cases (+0)
163 cumulative hospitalizations (+2) *
6.02% 6.02% positivity rate – 7-day average
11.93% cumulative positivity rate (positive cases / positive cases + negative tests)
11.08% of residents have tested positive 0.15% of residents have active cases
* Hospitalization data reflect the cumulative (total) number of cases of Cumberland County residents that were ever hospitalized AT ANY HOSPITAL from COVID-19. It does not reflect the number of people currently hospitalized.
COVID-19 Information and Vaccine Key Links
- Vaccine Information and Appointments:
- Vaccination Locations:
- State of TN COVID-19 Vaccine Resources:
- TDH COVID-19 Vaccine Information:
- County Phase Status:
- Tennessee COVID-19 Vaccination Plan
- Frequently Asked Questions:
- COVID-19 Vaccine Eligibility Calculator:
- Click here for the TDH Quarantine & Isolation Calculator:
- A new dashboard has been released for each county. You can now view the Cumberland County COVID-19 dashboard here:
- School level COVID-19 data is now available online. Click this link to see the information available for Cumberland County:
Thank you for being part of the solution and thank you for the opportunity to serve as your County Mayor. If you are interested in hearing my thoughts and views on news, events, and activities in Cumberland County, please subscribe to my newsletter, and follow me on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Cumberland County Mayor