Cumberland County Schools COVID-19 data as of April 9, 2021 from Dr. Ina Maxwell, Director of Schools
- 10 positive active student cases
- 5 positive active staff cases
- 71 total students quarantined due to being determined to have had close contact with another individual who tested positive.
- 4 total staff members quarantined due to being determined to have had close contact with another individual who tested positive.
Cumberland County Population Vaccinated
- Number of vaccines reported (including first and second doses): 31,812
- County Population with at least one dose of any manufacturer: 19,208
- County Population Fully Vaccinated: 13,332
State Vaccination Dashboard:
COVID-19 Update (difference from previous day)
The following are the numbers from the Tennessee Department of Health (TDH) for Cumberland County as of the date of this newsletter. The change from the prior day, not my prior newsletter, is in parenthesis.
138 active cases (+8)
6,227 inactive/recovered (+4)
127 deaths officially reported (+0)
6,492 positive cases (+12)
151 cumulative hospitalizations (+1) *
13.15% positivity rate – 7-day average
11.87% cumulative positivity rate (positive cases / positive cases + negative tests)
10.73% of residents have tested positive
0.23% of residents have active cases
* Hospitalization data reflect the cumulative (total) number of cases of Cumberland County residents that were ever hospitalized AT ANY HOSPITAL from COVID-19. It does not reflect the number of people currently hospitalized.
Vaccination Phase Update
The 89 Health Departments operated by the State of Tennessee, including the Cumberland County Health Department, announced that all Tennesseans age 16 and up are now eligible for COVID-19 vaccination.
Vaccination appointments are widely available across the state, with many rural Tennessee county health departments seeing only a fraction of their daily COVID-19 vaccination appointments filled. Tennesseans eligible for COVID-19 vaccination can visit https://vaccinate.tn.gov/ to book their vaccination appointment at their county health department.
Information on other vaccination locations in the community is available at https://vaccinefinder.org/search/. These sites include retail pharmacies, independent pharmacies, hospitals, federally qualified health care centers, and faith-based health clinics.
Vaccination and Testing Locations
COVID-19 vaccination and testing are both conducted at the Community Complex grounds on Livingston Road. Although both are on the same grounds, the locations are different. Vaccinations are held closest to the Taco Bell entrance on the Highway 127 side of the grounds and are located close to the 3-way stop at Industrial Boulevard and Livingston Road. Testing is located closest to the Farmers Market entrance on the West Avenue (Highway 70N) side of the grounds.
Please watch the signs as they are located to help you get in the correct line.
COVID-19 Information and Vaccine Key Links
- Vaccine Information and Appointments:
- Vaccination Locations:
- State of TN COVID-19 Vaccine Resources:
- TDH COVID-19 Vaccine Information:
- County Phase Status:
- Tennessee COVID-19 Vaccination Plan
- Frequently Asked Questions:
- COVID-19 Vaccine Eligibility Calculator:
- Click here for the TDH Quarantine & Isolation Calculator:
- A new dashboard has been released for each county. You can now view the Cumberland County COVID-19 dashboard here:
- School level COVID-19 data is now available online. Click this link to see the information available for Cumberland County:
Thank you for being part of the solution and thank you for the opportunity to serve as your County Mayor. If you are interested in hearing my thoughts and views on news, events, and activities in Cumberland County, please subscribe to my newsletter, and follow me on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Cumberland County Mayor